07 February 2011

Mindful Me

The definition of mindful (according to Webster's) is as follows:
1: bearing in mind: AWARE
2: inclination to be aware

I'm inclined to NOT be very aware of myself lately. My mind-body connection has faltered, I'm tuned out from own channel. This means less exercise, less restfulness, less focus on me. This has lead to a general funk that I desperately want to leave behind. I know I'm not alone in wanting to be a better version of myself: brighter, fitter, smarter, cuter, more organized! Sounds like a self-help article in a magazine, doesn't it? Regardless, I do strive to be all of these things. But before I get there, I need to start at the beginning.

This is day one of my journey out of the slump. Each day, I am going to one thing just for me: meditation, exercise, read a book I've been trying to finish. To show my commitment and keep myself honest, I'm going to document this forward step every day. My goal is start with one thing, and eventually live in a perpetual state of mindfulness.

Day one: 9 minute and 30 second Loving Kindness meditation

No comments:

Mother Doing Good

Self Magazine has an award contest called Women Doing Good. It honors women who give their time and talents to charitable organizations. I k...