09 February 2011

Mindful Me: Round 2

Though I did not actually blog about it, I did do something for myself yesterday: I took some time at the end of the day to read an article from my favorite magazine.

And interestingly, making the commitment to do more mindful things, actually made me think about and look forward to creating this time for myself. I felt satisfied (and a little smug) that I accomplished my goal for the second day in a row. I fully admit that I am not known for my follow through. Personally, baby steps really help. I don't put so much pressure on myself to be mindful, which makes the process more natural. This way, I hope that more awareness and mindfulness will creep into my life. One day, I hope to wake up and realize how much I've improved my own life....without depending on anyone else. Yay day 2!

No comments:

Mother Doing Good

Self Magazine has an award contest called Women Doing Good. It honors women who give their time and talents to charitable organizations. I k...