15 February 2011

Cloudy with a Chance of Sun


Although I have not been blogging everyday, I have been keeping up the other end of the bargain...for the most part. I have been doing something for myself every day. On Thursday, I spent time with a girlfriend at a concert. On Friday, I took the day off from work and did things at my own pace. Then I had a weekend away with my sweetheart: time to linger over a meal, have conversations not about work. While it was a weekend not just about me, it was about awareness. I was mindful of my enjoyment and the value of my relationship with my partner.

This exercise has become one of considerations, thoughtfulness about alot of things and not just about me. Have I been kind to myself, did I remember to tell my sweetheart how much I cherish him? Today, I took the time to do things for other people, this created a new layer of mindfulness. If I am considering others, this is an act I did on purpose..which makes me feel positive. Today I bought my niece a stuffed animal, I called my mother for a chat, and took my love out to dinner. Do unto yourself as you would have others do unto you.

No comments:

Mother Doing Good

Self Magazine has an award contest called Women Doing Good. It honors women who give their time and talents to charitable organizations. I k...