21 July 2006

Friday Night Chronicle

Just me and my couch....hanging out with icy glass of something sweet. The cat is sleeping in the closet and a candle is flickering on the counter. Jamiroquai keeps me company, the trumpet soft and low. Abe Lincoln leans with the latest copy of Women's Health on the bookshelf. My friend Sim smiles out from her perch on the shelf above. My mother looks serene in her gilded frame, contradicting the jumble of books and papers that line the cubes below. A striped kitten guards the television set, facing off against the cable guide and some Boston Bruins fans. A couple embrace above the blinking lights of the AIWA, looking pristine in their evening wear. And I recline on the couch, laptop in lap and smile on face.

No comments:

Mother Doing Good

Self Magazine has an award contest called Women Doing Good. It honors women who give their time and talents to charitable organizations. I k...