30 December 2004

Resolutions?

I have learned over the years, that no matter how much I mean it, my resoultions never get past a couple weeks before they crash and burn. But regardless of this, I do manage to do something to improve myself every year. It may have absolutely nothing to do with resoultions made with a glass of champagne in hand, a little tispy before stroke of midnight...but what does it matter if I am good to myself?

I'm sure I've eaten all the wrong things, not had eight glasses of water a day, not made it to the gym more than once a week, yelled at my mother, and still order a diet coke with my Whopper....Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

2004 has been full of positive changes: moving back home, figuring out what I want to be when I grow up, falling in love, and taking up a new hobby. Not to mention the fact that I have been MUCH better at keeping in touch with my family and friends (pat on the back).

Who knows what new things I might fall into this year....but whatever happens, I know that some of those things will be good for me, and hopefully for other people too. So I give up on resolutions for the new year. I'm doing just fine without them.

Happy New Year, y'all!!

No comments:

Mother Doing Good

Self Magazine has an award contest called Women Doing Good. It honors women who give their time and talents to charitable organizations. I k...