24 September 2005

Go Speed Racer!

A week ago, I was crazy enough (or motivated!) to participate in my first half marathon. I am proud to say that I conquered the 13.1 mile monster. And I did it in a very respectable 2 hours, 25 minutes and 17 seconds. I couldn't believe how good I felt and how much adrenaline can make up for not really believing that I could make it past 7 miles (the most I had ever run at one time). I just kept seeing the mile markers go by in the fog: 7,9,11, 13, until I found myself at the finish line. And I might add, with enough energy to SPRINT across said finish line!! I am very proud of myself for running this massive race...and the sick thing is that I would do it all over again. Adrenaline IS addictive, you know. This is my idea of an extreme sport. Vamos!!

No comments:

Mother Doing Good

Self Magazine has an award contest called Women Doing Good. It honors women who give their time and talents to charitable organizations. I k...